2009/07/16

Dreams... and The Alchemist




Dreams....Chase them? Erase them? Or Embrace them? This book couldn't have appeared at a more pivotal moment in my life. Excuse me, but...Did you write this book for me Mr. Coelho? For everyone? Attention! Read up! I'm gonna say this at the expense of sounding like a paid advertisement, but I'm that passionate about this book...

If you're at that pivotal moment in life, where you can choose between life as a paid slave, orrr... life full of liberation, freedom of spirit, and the self-realization that you can both see the world and conquer your dreams (I'm pretty biased about one of these options, aren't I?) Then this book is for you!

It couldn't have appeared on the bookshelf at my friends apartment at a more perfect time. Paulo Coehlo tells an enchanting, captivating story laced with wisdom, and knowledge that often eludes us for the greater part of life. Mr. Coehlo guides us on the adventure of a young shepherd boy, each page latent with wisdom, waiting for the reader to discover, and parallel to their(our) own lives. I don't know what to say, but after reading what I've read thus far (80 pages deep, about halfway) the complexities of life, seem quite simple. I'm gonna go ahead and recommend...reading each page in this book twice, there's a lot to learn, and repetition is the key to retention, right?

I'll update the status of The Alchemist after I finish, but for now, this may be the best book since the Bible...okay...maybe that's a bit much, but cheers to you Mr. Coehlo!

Cheers to you.


And oh yeah...Go Dreams!



No comments:

Post a Comment